Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

EMPLOYEE SPOTLIGHT

JOHANN - USER EXPERIENCE RESEARCH

"Hi! I am Johann, currently working as a User Experience Researcher in our SAP headquarters in Newtown Square, PA.  User Experience at SAP has many angles but my work is mostly focused internally: developing new ways to understand our internal processes, tools and strategies and envisioning new ways to support and enhance the ways our SAP employees want to work. 

User Experience and, more recently, Design Thinking, are very powerful approaches to connect with how people feel, think and interact, exploring innovation (technology-based or not) and making sure that it all makes business sense.  The best part is that you get to work with very smart and diverse teams that include people with backgrounds in anthropology, psychology, art, interaction design, architecture, business and many other fields.  My own education shows a bit of that mix:  I started as an undergrad in Systems Engineering with some explorations in Linguistics & Language Education, went to a very unique Master’s program that combined Computer Science with the Science of Creative Intelligence (more about that some other day!) and then, finally did my PhD in Human-Computer Interaction.  Although getting as much knowledge as you can is great, nothing beats working with a diverse team of smart people… and SAP is full of them! 

On the personal side, I love to travel (and to think like a traveler!): my grandparents emigrated from Germany and started a new life in Colombia (South America, where I was born and raised) and I would like to think that I have inherited that desire to see and experience different ways of thinking and living."

No comments:

Post a Comment