Pages

Friday, February 22, 2013

EARLY TALENT AT SAP - FEARGHAL

SUPPORT ENGINEER | SAP PRIMARY SUPPORT

Hi, my name is Fearghal! I work as a Support Engineer in SAP Primary Support in Dublin, Ireland, and I joined SAP a little under a year ago. I had, at the time, just moved home to Ireland from the US, where I did my master’s degree, and SAP was recommended to me as a great place to work. Having studied Engineering in my undergraduate degree, I knew that Primary Support would be a great fit for me.

In my daily role, I provide technical support to customers based mainly in the US who use SAP Business Suite Software. My specialty is Project Systems, which is SAP’s Project Management Software. A typical problem I encounter could be where a customer’s system crashes when using a particular program, or when a monthly report is showing wrong numbers. I work remotely with customers by email, phone, and directly on their systems, so I never have to leave the office!

One of the things I also find exciting about my job is the opportunity to get involved in many different projects. I co-founded an Innovation Pilot Project for my team (encouraging colleagues to think creatively and innovatively about everything they do), I am now a Communication Champion in Primary Support (acting as a roving reporter for all my colleagues in Ireland), and recently I led a project to create and co-facilitate a Design Thinking workshop to help improve Employee Engagement in our organization. This workshop was the first time I had led a project of such scale and being able to really listen to people’s advice was essential! The results of the workshop have since been shared with management and are being used to develop actions and initiatives for 2013.

In joining SAP, I knew I was coming to a company that provided a great environment for both employees and customers. I am passionate about helping people work together better, and SAP is the perfect place for that, as I get to work with great people every day!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, nice site you have here! Keep up the excellent work!







    SAP Careers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, I know a lot of people are going to find this very useful! I try to tell all my friends and co workers that project manager software is the best thing they can do for themselves, it helps you get 100 times more organized. Thank you for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are looking for SAP PS Jobs then the first step for you is to formulate resume professionally and submit it to online portal. Then you find latest jobs through online portal and choose the right path to build your career.

    ReplyDelete